Pages

Sunday 6 December 2009

Kariveppila chicken (chicken with curry leaves)

Preparation time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 45 mins

As the name suggests, curry leaves dominates all other ingredients :). This was introduced to me by my cousin and she made it so simple with just chilli powder, salt and curry leaves. It was very tasty. The curry leaves brings out its flavour to this dish. In order to add a little punch to this, I made my own version.

Ingredients
Chicken (cut into medium pieces)-1kg
Ginger-garlic paste-2tsp
Coriander powder-2tsp
Chilli powder-2tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4tsp
Garam masala powder-1tsp
Curry leaves-6 to 7 sprigs
Oil(preferably coconut oil)-5tbsp
Salt to taste

Method
Marinate the chicken with ginger-garlic paste, all dry masalas and half of the curry leaves for about 2 hrs. Heat about 1tbsp oil in a pan(preferably one with a larger circumference, this would help chicken cook evenly), add the chicken along with the marinade and cook (do not add water).



When the chicken is half done, add the rest of the curry leaves with the remaining oil and cook until the chicken is brown on all sides.

11 comments:

Tina said...

Iyoooo kothiyavunne.....Delicious and tempting...

Sushma Mallya said...

This is a must try ,love the curry leaves flavour in any dish...looks delicious lata

gtyuk said...

yummy yum, would have tasted great this is how my sister does too; I love the flavour of curry leaves!

my kitchen said...

Simply superb,will try soon

prasu said...

wow.simply superb dear.......i can feel the aroma here and looks very tempting.

Vrinda said...

Thats a very aromatic chicken..lov it...

Namitha said...

I make fish fry by adding lots of curry leaves..never tried with chicken though..

Sarah Naveen said...

ooooh..I m drooling..Looks fabulously yummy Latha..Such a flavorful chicken recipe..

Unknown said...

The chicken looks so welcoming and loaded with the flavors of coriander... too good to resist.

Ushnish Ghosh said...

Dear Latha
My 1st visit to your place. I used to wonder if lot of curry leaves can be used in a dish!!! Will it spoil the taste !! Now I am comfortable. I will make this. You have a lovely blog ans I will follow your blog.
Now let me see what all you have here.
Happy cooking and enjoy (????) the winter

s said...

must be so flavourful..love the use of curryleaves

Post a Comment