Pages

Monday 29 June 2009

Saucy fried chicken

Preperation time(marination): 30 min | Cooking time: 20 min

This is an accidental dish if you ask me :-). One evening there was some chicken left and I was bored of making the routine curry's. I decided to go for my own recipe. I used my cooking skills to bring out a tangy dry chicken dish. It was an instant success in my family.

It is a good starter and also a good accompaniment with the main course.

Ingredients
Chicken-1/2kg
Ginger-garlic paste-2tsp
Coriander powder-2tsp
Garam masala powder-1/2tsp
Chilli powder-1tsp
Soya sauce-4tbsp
Red chilli sauce(optional)-2tsp
Salt to taste
Oil-3tbsp

Method
Clean the chicken and add ginger-garlic paste, masala powders, 2tbsp of soya sauce and chilli sauce. Mix well and keep it aside for half an hour. Take a pan and add the chicken and cook until it is almost done. Now add oil and remaining soya sauce. Fry the chicken until it is brown in colour.

Note: The amount of soya sauce can be varied as per individual tastes. Any other sauces can also be added. I added some oyster sauce in the dish shown.

0 comments:

Post a Comment