After a looong gap I have resumed my blog. I hope to post more recipes and hopefully all of you will continue to provide your valuable feedbacks and suggestions. Here is my 101st post. Happy cooking!!! :-)
Preparation Time : 15 minutes | Cooking Time : 20 minutes
Serves / Makes : 6 portions
Chicken - 1 kg
Palak - 2 bunches
Oil - 4 tablespoons
Onions, chopped - 3
Green chillies, chopped - 4
Salt - to taste
Ginger paste - 1 teaspoon
Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
Tomato, chopped - 1 large
Turmeric powder - 1/2 teapoon
Kashmiri Chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder - 1 tablespoon
Garam masala - 1 teaspoon
1. Clean, wash and cut chicken into medium sized pieces.
2. Take palak leaves (without the stem), wash it properly and blanch it in boiling water for 4 minutes. Now drain the water and keep it aside.
3. Cool the cooked palak leaves and grind it into a fine paste.
4. Heat oil in a kadai and saute chopped onions and green chillies. Add a little salt.
6. Add chopped tomato and saute till it get mashed.
7. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander powder .
8. Fry for 2 minutes and add chicken pieces along with garam masala and little hot water.
9. Cook till the chicken is done and the gravy reaches a thick consistency.
10. Now add palak paste to the chicken curry and mix it well.
11. Keep it on low heat for 5 minutes and remove from heat.
12. Serve hot with roti or plain rice.